The sign says it all.
But we finally got there. Just in time for, you guessed it, the night markets.
So much more relaxed here in Luang Prabang. Life just trundles along and stuff happens when it happens. That includes the internet, I'll never again complain about internet speed at home, ever. It took over an hour to book a motel through Agoda this afternoon. You just have to live with it.
It's hot here during the day, but cooler at night. Last night was the first night of the trip we haven't had air con running all night.
Mt Phousi sits in the middle of town so climbed the 328 (big) steps to the top this morning.
Bagged the summit!
We ate street food by the Mekong River for lunch. And speaking of food, I have a new favourite dish, Saa Phee Kait + Kout Nyo, steamed chicken with banana flower, chilli and other herbs with sticky rice. Mmmmm, I've had it for dinner the last two nights
Things are more expensive here than in Chiang Mai, particularly food. Street food is about double. The local currency is the Kip. You need to carry a lot with you. Dinner tonight was 151,000.
I did have more, but it's taken about 2 hours to put this post together, so I'm giving up. It must be the Laos internet's April Fools joke.
But we finally got there. Just in time for, you guessed it, the night markets.
So much more relaxed here in Luang Prabang. Life just trundles along and stuff happens when it happens. That includes the internet, I'll never again complain about internet speed at home, ever. It took over an hour to book a motel through Agoda this afternoon. You just have to live with it.
It's hot here during the day, but cooler at night. Last night was the first night of the trip we haven't had air con running all night.
Mt Phousi sits in the middle of town so climbed the 328 (big) steps to the top this morning.
Bagged the summit!
We ate street food by the Mekong River for lunch. And speaking of food, I have a new favourite dish, Saa Phee Kait + Kout Nyo, steamed chicken with banana flower, chilli and other herbs with sticky rice. Mmmmm, I've had it for dinner the last two nights
Things are more expensive here than in Chiang Mai, particularly food. Street food is about double. The local currency is the Kip. You need to carry a lot with you. Dinner tonight was 151,000.
I did have more, but it's taken about 2 hours to put this post together, so I'm giving up. It must be the Laos internet's April Fools joke.








No comments:
Post a Comment